The major search engines (Google, Yahoo and Bing) display 3 or more distinct different types of search engine results when you search online: Natural or “organic” search results, Pay-per-Click (PPC) results and Local Search Results.
All 3 of these play a critically important role in your online advertising, with distinctly different pros and cons associated with their implementation and usage, and collectively fall under the category of Search Engine Marketing (SEM or simply Search Marketing).
At Page 1 SEO Design, we know precisely how to optimize your web site for these different types of search results, and how each can benefit your business. This understanding and the specialized techniques we use can make the critical, money-making difference between a well coordinated search marketing program that works and one that consumes valuable resources (both time and money) and produces mediocre results or worse.
1. Natural or “Organic” Search Results
Of the 3 types of search engine results, Natural or “organic” search results are based entirely on the relevance of the search term entered and the web site pages on the other end of the links included with each search engine results. Different search engines use different “algorithms” to score and rank the relevance of different websites. After optimizing over 10,000 web pages over 10 years of successful experience, Page 1SEO Design will put that experience to work for your business, generating 1st Page search engine results for dozens – if not HUNDREDS! – of different search terms in Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search engines.
- Greater Credibility - Since your Page 1 ranking is a result of quality and relevance of your content, your website will enjoy far more popularity and traffic than you could ever expect through PPC alone.
- Lower Cost - When done right, your Page 1 results from organic SEO continue to build over time – for months or years – thereby providing a long term Return-On-Investment (ROI) and actually lowering your cost per click over time! Additionally, once you see the results, you can build on your success by optimizing for other markets that can benefit from your products, as well as optimize for other products and product lines.
- Unrestricted Growth – Unlike PPC, where the cost of appearing at the top goes up and up with each new bid (plus the fact that you get ZERO traffic if you don't pay!), the results from organic SEO continue to grow whether you spend more or not! Additionally, the links you build to your site over time continue to grow in authority, while still linking to your site, thereby increasing your own authority and the traffic that comes with it!
- Results take Time – While the benefits of organic search engine optimization lasts longer then PPC, it can take anywhere from weeks to months before you realize the full benefits of SEO.
- Not Easy – Organic SEO without professional help can easily take a year or more! Can you afford to wait while paying someone to figure it out?
- Most of Cost is Upfront – While PPC click are "pay as you go" and can be started on a shoestring budget (IF you know what you're doing!), organic SEO typically has a higher cost of entry. But when Page 1 SEO kicks in, you're final cost is pennies per click instead of dollars per click!
2. Pay-per-Click (PPC) Results
Pay-per-Click advertising means you only pay for your ad if someone clicks on it. Google’s AdWords PPC advertising starts at $.05 per click, then different businesses bid to be placed in the top spot of Google’s “Sponsored Listings”, which drives up the cost for clicks for that one phrase to anywhere from $5 to $15 per click or more!
Paid search programs are sponsored by each search engine and have different rates for each search engine, so you may need to open and pay for an account in multiple search engines if you wanted guaranteed placement in multiple engines.
With the recent merger between Yahoo and Bing, Bing will (soon) provide search results for both search engines, and Bing’s Data Center PPC ads will appear on both search engines as well, offering a convenient means of plugging into their 30% share of search market .
- Instant Results – With Paid Search Results, it's possible to get almost immediate traffic. (You will need better than average design and content to convert the traffic to quality leads or sales.)
- Great for Limited Time Promotions – The ability to easily control your bid and change the terms you bid on make PPC a great option for seasonal or limited time events.
- Easy Setup – Compared to SEO, a PPC campaign is easy to setup. It's also the easiest way to show up for your industry's top search terms. But ...
- Can be Expensive – Do you know WHY as much as 95% of Google's profits come from their PPC program, AdWords? Because bidding on search terms, creating ads and generating expensive clicks is EASY! Bidding on the right terms, creating the right ads and converting the clicks to leads or customers takes Page 1 Design!
- No Long Term Benefits – Because the traffic stops when your budget stops, there is no long term benefit to running a SEM campaign ... unless it is strategically coordinated with a Page 1 SEO program to deliver an optimal mix of SEO and PPC results!
3. Local Search Results
Local Search Results (or Local Business Listings, aka “LBL”) are the mapped listings that are often displayed at or towards the top of the search engine results pages. These listings are tied directly to your business address and offer other useful information such as business name, address, phone number(s), email address, a short description, photos, reviews (submitted by customers) and even a coupon!
- Often displayed at the top of the search engine results pages (SERPS) ... but not always.
- Provides door-to-door directions for your customers
- For some industries, LBL provides an easy way to the top for a few of the popular search terms
- Google offers very narrow categories for placement, often displaying different local results for singular and plural forms of a term.
- Different usage of a phrase may not offer any local results, such as "used cars" and "used cars for sale"
- Limited geographic range
Page 1 SEO will utilize up to 40 different factors to optimize your local business listing for maximum results.
Don't miss out on this valuable source of local search engine visibility and leads!
Contact us today so we can put YOUR business ON PAGE 1!